bunkaat







Talk about being oblivious. For the longest time I thought that today's work meant, well, 'a bunker' since it is pronounced bunkah ("a fan") in the singular.

To complicate things there is actually a bunker on top of a mountain near to where we live in Barcelona, and sometimes we visit as the views are spectacular. So when my husband and his family were speaking Kuwaiti and I caught the word bunkah in their conversation, I naturally assumed he was telling them about our picnic spot.

So imagine my confusion when one evening he told me he wanted to get a bunkah from the store.

I think he saw I was in shock because he asked me if I'd prefer he got not just one bunkah but bunkaat

"It does get really hot," he admitted.

"Mmm," I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WANT TO KNOW A WORD? ASK BELOW!