3a6-nii iyaah

Audio with Theyab's pronunciation























This past weekend, we went to the 7ammaam as-sibaa7ahThe receptionist gave us the stink eye as we ambled in. "Don't you know yissakr ba3d thalaathiin dagiigah?" Oh, nisay-naa. Weekend times.

We trudged to the dismal-looking ma63am in the complex.


"shinuu 3ndi-hum akil hinii?" I mumble.

He shrugs. "maadrii."

"Do you mind ordering me something healthy, idhaa kaan mumkin?"

"Sure, ayiib-lich iyaah," he replies.

He brings me burger and fries. Perfect.


"Thanks, 3a6-nii iyaah," I say.

"This is maal-lii. Yours is on its way."

"shinuu?"

Now the stink-eye receptionist is coming over, with a tray.

Did she have every job?

"tfa’6al-ay," she says, putting a cup of green juice on the table.


"shinuu hadhaa?" I ask, dumbfounded.

"You asked for something healthy. Clearly we don't offer anything like that, so I put the leftovers of my Sultan Center Caesar Salad in a blender," she replied breezily. "I would have gone to the supermarket to get ingredients, but it's far away, and, well ... maa-lii khulg."



حمام السباحة
7ammaam as-sibaa7ahSwimming pool
يسكر
yissakrIt closes
بعد ثلاثين دقيقة
ba3d thalaathiin daagiigahIn 30 minutes
نسينا
nisay-naaWe forgot
مطعم
ma63amRestaurant
شنو عندهم اكل هني
shinuu 3ndi-hum akil hinii?What’s there to eat here?
مادري
maadrii I don’t know
اذا كان ممكن
idhaa kaan mumkinIf it’s possible
ايبلچ إياه
ayiib-lich iyahI’ll bring it (m) to you (f)
عطني إياه
3a6-nii iyahGive it (m) to me
مالي
maal-liiMine
مالي خلق
maa-lii khulgI can't be bothered
 تفظلي
tfa'6al-ayThere you go (>f)
شنو هذا؟
shinuu hadhaa?What’s that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

WANT TO KNOW A WORD? ASK BELOW!