nimt


Audio with Theyab's pronunciation




















Everything was boring today: daakhl the apartment, barah in the city,
fawg on the roof terrace, ta7at at the beach.

al-bidaayah of the day involved me doing taxes. I think this set the mood for as-saa3aat al-yaayah and a9-9araa7ah, I was looking forward to an-nihaayat al-yawm.

Then someone offered me a na9ii7ah. Whenever he feels bored, 
he does nothing. 

It seemed contradictory. I was already doing as little as I possibly could. 
But no, actually I was running around in search of a thrill to relieve the gloom. So I stopped. I lay face down on my bed. And at 3pmnimt.

nafs al-laylah, the situation flipped 180 degrees. I woke feeling everything, 
susceptible to the slightest detail, and in a cheerful mood to boot. Boredom goes hand in hand with exhaustion. When I told my friend this, he was pleased that I had listened, for once.

"You who never takes my advice! Ha, zayn tsawiin!" he chuckled.


داخلdaakhlInside
برةbarahOutside
فوقfuugUp
تحتta7atDown
البدايةal-bidaayahThe start
الساعات اليايةas-saa3aat al-yaayahThe following hours
الصراحة
a9-9araa7ahHonestly
النهاية اليوم
an-nihaayat al-yawmThe end of the day
نصيحة
na9ii7ahAdvice
نمت
nimtI slept
نفس اللية
nafs al-laylahThat same night
زين تسوين
zayn tsawiinGood for you! (>f)

No comments:

Post a Comment

WANT TO KNOW A WORD? ASK BELOW!