al-makhfar



Audio with Theyab's pronunciation





















"shfiich?" he asks. I must have a face like a rainy Sunday.

"I've just been to the al-makhfar," is the glum reply.


"You're kidding, what happened?"


"I burned a red."


He waits.


"...yam shur6ii," I admit, defeated.


Now he starts laughing. "You didn't see him?"


"The guy was taqriiban two metres from where I was, in full uniform. He may as well have had disco lights on his head, but me being me, maa shift-ah. And he fined me on the spot."


"bi-cham?"


I twiddle my thumbs. "100 kd?"


"Ugh!"


"But now laazim aruu7 lii al-makhfar so that I can pay." 


He asks me if I have to go there today. 


"laa..."


"bas, 3ayal laa truu7iin."


"a'6in baruu7," I say, and explain that should I choose to pay today, I won't get fined another 100 kd baachir.

He can see that this episode has ruined my day.


"shlawn-ich?" he asks.


"zwaynah," I reply, with a shrug.


At this he starts laughing again. "ya7layl-ich!"


شفيچ؟
shfiich?What’s wrong? (>f)
المخفر
al-makhfarThe police station
يم
yam Next to
شرطي
shur6iiA policeman
تقريبن
taqriibanApproximately
ما شفته
maa shift-ahI didn’t see him
جم
chamHow much?
لازم
laazimIt’s necessary
بروح
baruu7I will go
لي
liiTo
لا
laaNo
بس عيل لا تروح
bas 3ayal laa truu7(iin)So don’t go then (m/f)
اظن بروح
a'6in baruu7I think I will go
باچر
baachirTomorrow
زوين
zwayn(ah)Okayish (m/f)
يحليلچ
ya7layl-ichHow cute you are (>f)!




No comments:

Post a Comment

WANT TO KNOW A WORD? ASK BELOW!