7araamiyah





In this life, you have your average everyday 7araamiyah. And then, existing on another level entirely, you have start-up mobile phone companies. 

I consider myself rational but somehow when it comes to my phone... should I catch wind of 3ar'9 or a promotion in which some key-ring or biro is thrown in bi-balaash, there I am, giving away my bank details like stale bread to geese. 

This particular company promised two iPhone 6s for the price of one, with single-digit monthly payments and hundreds of free minutes. I almost choked with pleasure and furiously completed the paperwork. So was it any surprise when I received a package with one iPhone 6 and one iPhone 5s with extortionate rates for local and international calls?

While I should be cursing that sharikat al-taliifawn 7araamiyah, they did make good on their promise to take back the unwanted phone. After about six weeks of calling them to do so, using a phone plan that saw them laughing all the way to the bank.

Arabic
Pronounced?
English

حرامي
7araamii
thief (m)
حرامية
7araamiyah
thief (f)
حراميه
7araamiyah
thieves (pl)
حرام
7araam
taboo
العرض
3ar’9
a special offer
ببلاش
bi-balaash
for free
شركة التليفون حراميه
sharikat at-taliifawn 7araamiyah
the mobile phone company are thieves

No comments:

Post a Comment

WANT TO KNOW A WORD? ASK BELOW!