ighniyah


You know that trust levels in your relationship are not doing too badly when your other half yaghanii to you, totally out of tune, and constantly - even when you're practically begging him to stop.

It was a different story during our first dates. Even in the car with music blasting, when aghanii the lyrics and made a fool of myself, he never joined in, preferring to remain silent, brooding. Mysterious.

So one day, again in the car, a Pink Floyd ighniyah came on and I dared him to make tajrubah at singing it. He laughed because he knew I'd made it my personal mission to get him to sing, and at the choice of igniyah, he said, ya3jib-nii tafkiir-ich.

Encouraged, I cranked up the volume and sure enough, as soon the chorus kicked in, it was like a plug had been pulled: ghanaa and ghanaa and ghanaa.

Although I've grown quite fond of the warbling, I don't tend to protest as much when, in the car, he switches from the music station to the BBC.


Arabic
Pronounced?
English

أغني
aghanii
I sing
غنيت
ghanayt
I sung
يغني
yaghanii
He sings
غنى
ghanaa
He sung
تجربة
tajrubah
an attempt
يعجبني تفكيرج
ya3jib-nii tafkiir-ich
I like the way you think (>f)

No comments:

Post a Comment

WANT TO KNOW A WORD? ASK BELOW!