a9rif


Audio with Theyab's pronunciation










Nuria is a self-confessed car crash. One too many privileges later, she has wound up in group therapy. The group's title: Overspenders' Anonymous.

This is her explanation to the group as to what's going wrong:

"raaH aSrif today just like Saraft yesterday. Even aS-Sarraaf at the store says Sarf-ii is ridiculous.  I really should take his advice because al-maSruuf that I get every month just isn't enough to cover my habit.  I keep on hoping that the government will roll out a surprise birthday bonus but they've been tight recently. You would think aS-Sarf is fun but it's become a curse. My spending batteries are maSruufah."

I should introduce Nuria to the Kuwaiti guy below.


راح اصرف
raaH aSrif I will spend
سرفت
Saraft I spent
الصراف aS-Sarraaf The cashier
صرفي Sarf-ii My spending
المصروف al-maSruuf The allowance
مصروف maSruufah Spent, flat (f)
بسرعة b-sir:ah Quickly





















اصرف
aSrif I spend
تصرف
tSrif You spend (>m)
تصرفين
tSrifiin You spend (>f)
تصرفون
tSrifuun You spend (>pl)
نصرف
nSrif We spend
يصرف
ySrif He spends
تصرف
tSrif She spends
تصرفون ySrifuun They spend

No comments:

Post a Comment

WANT TO KNOW A WORD? ASK BELOW!