chadhaab

Audio with Theyab's pronunciation





"I need a new computer," Theyab announced one day. "Using your laptop isn't 
working out. It's not mufiid for what I need to do."

"I knew this arrangement would only last li-muddat five minutes," I sigh.

"I can't do this li-ghaayat next year. I'll go crazy."

"Hadd-ik you're crazy."

"maafii daa:ii you tell me that! I'm going to buy a computer right now."

I roll my eyes. "We've got no space in our apartment for a humongous machine."

He shrugs. "I'll get something really small. laa ta:biin nafs-ich."

Begrudgingly, I agree.

When the next day, a box arrives larger than Theyab and myself put together,
I can barely believe my eyes. It blocks the hallway and I can no longer access the 
kitchen, nor the bathroom, nor the front door.

Theyab starts laughing when he sees my face. "Don't worry, half of the box
is faaDHii."

"Get rid of it fii asra: waqt mumkin!" I tell.

Needless to say, the computer is huge, and looks like a breeze block.

"At least I don't have to use your laptop anymore," he chuckles.

"Uff, you meanie!" I pout. "chadhaab Theyab!"


مفيد
mufiid Useful
لمدة
li-muddat For a period of
لغاية li-ghaayyat Until
حدك Hadd-ik Totally (>m)
مافي داعي maafii daa:ii There’s no need
لا تعبين نفسچ laa ta:biin nafs-ich Don’t worry yourself (>f)
فاظي faaDHii Empty
في اسرع وقت ممكن fii asra: waqt mumkin As soon as possible
الوحش al-waHsh The monster


No comments:

Post a Comment

WANT TO KNOW A WORD? ASK BELOW!